Power problems with Aspire R13

sabotinovam
sabotinovam Member Posts: 3 New User

Answers

• sabotinovam

Hi guys,

I have my laptop for 6 months. I was extremely happy with its performance for the purposes I'm using it (just for work). I have the following problem:

Yesterday I noticed that my battery was at only 8% so I plugged the charger. It was charging but then at about 50% it stopped or I thought it needs more time. I finished waht I was doing then turned off the device but let it charge.

Today I start up the laptop and noticed it hadn't charged. The batery icon stays still and it says 53% available (pluged in, not charging).

If I unplug the charger the laptop shuts down. It works only if plugged in and stays at half full battery but not charging.

What can I do?

Is that some defect or there is a way to solve the problem without going to the reapir place?

The device is still under warranty.

Thanks

• sabotinovam

Please, if anyone had experienced same or similar problem let me know

The battery is not removable. I tried restarting the laptop, plugging in a different socket and so on.

The moment I unplug the charger the laptop goes off as if it doesn't have power. When I plug it in and turn it on again the icon says 53% (plugged in, not charging)