Does Acer Partition Hard Drive by Default?

rocktheboat
rocktheboat Member Posts: 3 New User

Does Acer by default partition their laptop hard drives into two or more partitions like Asus? 

For example, Asus will sell a laptop with a 500 GB hard drive, but, partition the drive into essentially two equal parts. One part, 250 GBs, is reserved for Windows OS and Programs, and the other remaining 250 GBs (roughly) is left for the user's documents, files, pictures, etc. So in essence you are left with trying to fit your files into 250 GB instead of 400+ GBs. I confirmed via Asus that partitioning the drive like I mentioned is just what they do. (It's really stupid Asus).

I am wondering if Acer does the same thing? I hope not.

Answers

• Angie1
    Angie1 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon

Yes and no.

If the unit comes with a SSD hard drive and a HDD it will have 2 partitions but if the unit only have either HDD or SSD hard it will be just one partition for the OS and the files. 

Example is this Aspire V Nitro serie: 

Storage

Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB

Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA

Solid State Drive Capacity: 128 GB

So you will have 1TB for the HDD and 128GB for the SSD 

Hope this answer your question! 

Thanks and remember to Kudos! 

:):)  Smile you don't when you are going to miss a tooth  =)=) 

Like if you like my answer 
  • rocktheboat
    rocktheboat Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks for the answer.

Can you believe Acer Sales or Technical Support were unable to answer this question? I was surprised. At one point, one of them told me to ask the Acer Community, hence, my post.

Thanks again!

• AngelSMont
    AngelSMont Member Posts: 1 New User

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Probably because it depends on the machine. However if it has one drive that is over 32GB and is loaded with version 8 or later of Windows there will probably be three partitions. A relatively small boot partition. A 4-6GB recovery partition, and the C: partition.