Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

jinx2012
jinx2012 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.

after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right.

things i tried so far:

• resetting battery from backside.
  • removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 sec
  • fn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkg
  • read some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking

Best Answer

• jinx2012
    Answer ✓

tried it didnt work. I have decided that its about time i put it into trash. The thing has been in and out of repair shop over 2 years. I have never had laptop that broke so easily without fault from user.

Did you know First time i bought this with in 3 weeks speakers stopped working. than after 2 months whenever i turn it on it does disk check up. and into 6 months the whole thing died. it was under warranty so sent it to acer repair shop. got it back every thing worked at first. but in first week speaker stopped working again along with 1 usb port. within the 2 years i had this already spent enough for a new ultrabook.

Even though my friends said acer is not a good, the thing looked so nice, so bought it anyway. I learned my lesson will never buy an acer product. 

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 sec

Is the RTC battery?

If no, I would try this:

1. Remove the lower case (bottom)
    2. Disconnect the power battery
    3. Disconnect the RTC battery for few second and reconnect it
    4. Reconnect the power battery and try again
    France
  • jinx2012
    Answer ✓

tried it didnt work. I have decided that its about time i put it into trash. The thing has been in and out of repair shop over 2 years. I have never had laptop that broke so easily without fault from user.

Did you know First time i bought this with in 3 weeks speakers stopped working. than after 2 months whenever i turn it on it does disk check up. and into 6 months the whole thing died. it was under warranty so sent it to acer repair shop. got it back every thing worked at first. but in first week speaker stopped working again along with 1 usb port. within the 2 years i had this already spent enough for a new ultrabook.

Even though my friends said acer is not a good, the thing looked so nice, so bought it anyway. I learned my lesson will never buy an acer product.