acer aspire one win 7 starter edition needed do not know model

blake
blake Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

hI, I am looking for instructions on how to install Win 7 starter Edition on a new hard drive?

I am having problems finding this out. I did not make any copy of this. My hard went and I just put

in a new Hard drive that is bigger. Can anyone help me out? Because i can install my drivers. Some of the Acer Aspire One has the same drivers in it. My camera is not working tried everything so I am letting it go. If you can help me out

Thanks L Blake

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>  I just put in a new Hard drive>>>i can install my drivers>>>

Since you can install drivers, what operating system was already on the new hard drive?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• blake
    blake Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

i was told it was an aod150 model with win xp on it. we did change the hard drive and put in

win 7 starter edition in it. i have tried a copied of the acer erecovery mgt file off another acer

but the create backup disks not working on it. i wanted to use the new drive as an internet

browser and to play games on it. it was running slow. this is why i want to do a complete

new install of the win 7 starter ed. right now it does have an system reserve of 100mb but it

only shows in the admin/disk mgt file.; it does not show under my computer as another partition.

i just wished that since win xp is no longer supported that acer should have this Acer eRocovery Management

to order. Like it shows a disk and a usb stick. It is about an 10.5" screen (so i believe this makes it a

netbook. please let me know if there is anything i can do on my end. thanks, lynn (i can even do

a remote to it if needed).

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

blake>>>I am looking for instructions on how to install Win 7 starter Edition on a new hard drive?>>>we did change the hard drive and put in win 7 starter edition in it.>>>

OK. How did you install Win7 starter on the new hard drive? Did you install it on the AOD150 model or another model?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ