My Acer Aspire One D260 will not power on

1Trek1
1Trek1 Member Posts: 3 New User

My Aspire One D260 netbook will not power on. I get the battery charging light and the power ligh...and a very dim wifi light. but the HDD light never turns on and I have no fan activity nor hard drive activity. I also have the light on fromt he power button too.

My netbook was one fo the first to come out on the market, with the Win7 starter edition.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

I am thinking you already tried a power reset to try to fix the issue.

By saying the fan is not doing sound, it makes me think that the issue could be relate to hardware, I suggest you contact support so they can guide you on out of warranty repair if possible.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • 1Trek1

Sorry; I should have included that I have had the netbook for awhile and it is no longer under service warranty. I have tried contacting them and they directed me to this forum. Also, I did click on the link in your reply and it will not load.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If the lights are dim and it is several years old you may have a bad battery pulling down the power supply. Should be able to find instructions on U-tube about replacing the battery. In this case can just remover the battery and see if it powers up on mains power.

• 1Trek1

Yeah; the bad battery was the first thing I thought of as well and have removed the battery then tried powering on. It does not power on without the battery.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Have you checked the external power supply for the proper voltage ? I've had one of those fail before.