How to perform factory reset on Aspire 1350 (1355LC) ZP1

Darwood
Darwood Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an old Acer Aspire 1350 series laptop. The model numbers underneath are 1355LC and ZP1.

I would like to factory reset this laptop as it is clogged up wioth junk over the years. I can see there is a recovery partition on the HDD but pressing F10 or Alt+F10 on POST doesn't do anything other than let Windows boot as normal. I have looked in the Acer program group on the Start menu and the only thing in there is the user manual. According to the manual there could be an option for eRecovery but I can't see that anywhere. I do not have any recovery discs for this machine.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Darwood

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,042 Trailblazer

Hello,

Which Windows version do you use?

France
  • Darwood

Windows XP

• laurent_14

Have you checked in the bios setup utility if D2D option is enabled? (D2D= disk to disk)

France
  • Darwood

"Have you checked in the bios setup utility if D2D option is enabled? (D2D= disk to disk)"

I don't see that option in my BIOS. What screen is it in? Info/Main/Advanced/Security/Boot?

According to POST screen I have Phonix Bios v4 Revision 6.0

According to BIOS Info screen System BIOS Ver: ZP1        Q3A25

Thanks

Darwood

• laurent_14

Hello,

Indeed you have no D2D option.

Watch this video.

France
  • Darwood

That video shows the user pressing Alt+F10 to boot into Acer Recovery. My computer still boots into Windows when I do that! Smiley Sad Is my recovery partition goosed? 

• laurent_14

May be! The Recovery partition is a hidden partition. Normally, you can't see it with Windows explorer.

If your laptop start up correctly, you could do your erecovery media in factory default option.

Software: eRecovery Management.

France