Aspire F series will not start (Only 13 months old!)

Tonzz12345
Tonzz12345 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully somebody will pick this up. I bought an Aspire F series (The unit seems to state that it is both an F15 and an F5) just over a year ago - brand new. Its been working like a dream up to now, I've even only ever used it sparingly. 

Went to boot it up tonight after using it last week and it won't boot. I've checked the power supply (there is no LED light on it anyway so its tough to tell if its working in the best of cases). I've also changed the fuse on the power supply - but still no joy. I've tried the trick with the paper-clip into the battery pin-hole at the back of the unit, that doesn't seem to have worked.

At the moment I am left with a laptop which won't power up after only 13 months from buying it brand new!

Can anybody help with this please? Any suggestions/help to get the unit working again would be most appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

T.

Answers

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

Try this too

Try to remove the battery from the bottom

Plug-in the AC adapter ans switch it on

Or test your adapter with a screw tester

Pls make sure when testing, you don't touch the metallic screw

You can use the tester to test your fuse as well but only with a caution

Expectation:

The testing of your AC adapter is to make sure that you have no breakage anywhere in the cable

Your laptop should show a sign of LED light blinking  on

• Tonzz12345
    Tonzz12345 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Elkino2003,

Thanks for your feedback. Tricky part here is that the battery cannot just be detatched from the main unit because it seems to be encassed. Therefore it'll be a case of removing some screws. I'll also check the power supply and possibly try and get a new one.

I just can't belive this has happened after only having the laptop for 13 months!! There's no reason for it. Its been little used!

T.

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

From my experience, I see breakage in the cable somewhere

Avoid tight folding of battery chargers, if you know you have been doing that

When packing up your machine into a bag, don't over fold with tight angles

Pls if you can, kindly drop them gently with loosed concession.

When laptops are fully charged too, unplug your charger always too

When Electric current alternates or go too high, your fuse can destroy

Always pay attention to the current electricity power flow in your home

Thanks