Acer Aspire 5560-sb635 Broadcom 802.11n Driver and Settings

Options
peptobismal
peptobismal Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

Alrighty, well, I have searched around for Broadcom's site and here a little bit. Those results from here seem to pull up the same version driver as I currently have installed. Also, the Broadcom how-to's on finding drivers are very confusing and based on that it shows I have a card that doesn't seem right... one that has bluetooth and much more. If I do have all that, it'd be awesome to be able to use.

As a last resort, which I HATE doing as a rule of thumb used DriverBooster which when I use theirs it seems to cause more connectivity issues so I keep rolling back to the previous version. I feel it is highly unlikely to NOT have a driver update on this hardware since 2011; however, I am not able to seem to find one using Broadcom's site that is straight forward nor find one that doesn't seem to create issues in speed.

So, is there a new driver for this card?

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&SUBSYS_E040105B&REV_00

I know on Broadcom's site that the DEV_4358 means it would be BCM4358 and the service option shows BCM43XX; I am just seeming to find it difficult to find BCM4358 via their site.

Lots of Broadcom BCM43** but nothing under 4358 nor 43xx, I am not sure that just ANY 43xx driver will work?

I find this: https://www.broadcom.com/products/wireless-connectivity/wireless-lan/bcm4358

And that's about it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

First, does device mgr show any device or driver issues with the latest driver shown on the Acer site?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ