Slow Acer e5-522g-6132 !

Options
Toby_a
Toby_a Member Posts: 1 New User

I got my wife the Acer E5-522G-6132 in the end of last year, and she complained quite shortly that it was slow. I knew that it was new with Windows 10 for her, and she could not specify it more, so I have not checked it further - even though I also felt it was not the fastest. Recently a friend, who has a bit more knowledge than me, checked it and gave the following remarks:

- problem with startup windows
- slow reaction to commands such as when opening a new folder
- a very long time to perform disk defragmentation
- you can not divide the disk into smaller partitions, disk has 1TGB and it can be divided only 850 GB, and the next will have only 100GB

There is also a problem with the sleep mode - after going into it, you can´t wake it up. Only way is to hold the start button until it resets.

Anybody experienced similar? Any idea ? I am still within warranty, so about to claim it, but good to know if there is an easyfix, or know more about what to claim.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

I would suggest checking the computer to make sure there is no virus.

Also check the Device Manager to make sure there is no conflict with the drivers and they are up to date. 

You can also check what programs are running when starting up the computer.

For farther help, please check Acer support in your region.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.