Aspire e15 (e5-511-p9y3) Touchpad not working on windows8.1

GRAFTER
GRAFTER Member Publicaciones: 3 New User
editado septiembre 2023 en Archivo del 2019

Aspire e15 (e5-511-p9y3) Touchpad not working on windows8.1, and I can use the cursor only with a mouse. I also installed synaptics/elantech drivers but it doesn't show scrolling option in Mouse-> Device Settings.

Mejor respuesta

• nitinnbisht
    nitinnbisht Member Publicaciones: 6

Tinkerer

Respuesta ✓

SOLUTION

So guys after deep research and troubleshooting I found that you need to keep notice of a few things at time of installation:

Installation Mode: UEFI (only)- LEGACY would create touchpad issues.

after installation of windows just follow the driver installation hierarchy

1.Intel NB_Chipset_M Baytrail-M 

2.Intel I/O Driver

then rest of the crap.

Note:After doing all this make sure your touchpad is active >> Fn+F7

Just wished if this solution came from an acer executive , the world would have been a better place Smiley LOL , but anyways this is what community is for.

Enjoy everyone

[edited for privacy]

Respuestas

• poqonos
    poqonos Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

I had similar issue on my Aspire E5-511, didn't work by just installing Synaptics Touchpad Driver. Once I installed Intel IO Drivers and restarted, it is working fine

• AdobeFelix
    AdobeFelix Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

IT may just be that you disabled your touchpad by pressing alt-f7.  This happened to me.  Press again to fix.

Here's a video that describes the problem and solution.  Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7PHPNwyio

• nitinnbisht

Tinkerer

Same issue , after installation of windows 8.1 (because not all drivers are compatible with windows7) I also facing the issue of touchpad not working.

Have tried installation of latest drivers(synaptics/elantech) ,

Tried reinstalling all the other drivers as well

tried reinstalling the windows multiple times

but still it doesn't work

initially at start of windows it works for a fraction of second and then stops

ACER GUYS OWN UP FOR THE FAULT, keeping mum on such issues is not going to help your image.

PROVIDE A PROCEDURAL REMEDY for the issue , no running around the bushes now!!!

This laptop could have easily outshine other budget laptops but since the manufacturer ignores the majority part of its product line up then what one can do.

I was sceptical at first about buying an acer product , should have stayed away .

SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY

• nitinnbisht

Tinkerer

Respuesta ✓

SOLUTION

So guys after deep research and troubleshooting I found that you need to keep notice of a few things at time of installation:

Installation Mode: UEFI (only)- LEGACY would create touchpad issues.

after installation of windows just follow the driver installation hierarchy

1.Intel NB_Chipset_M Baytrail-M 

2.Intel I/O Driver

then rest of the *****.

Note:After doing all this make sure your touchpad is active >> Fn+F7

Just wished if this solution came from an acer executive , the world would have been a better place Smiley LOL , but anyways this is what community is for.

Enjoy everyone

[edited for privacy]

• Shruikan
    Shruikan Member Publicaciones: 1 New User
    Thank you nitinnbisht, You are the best!!!! Smiley Happy
  • n_netov
    n_netov Member Publicaciones: 5 New User

I tried this method (changing legacy to uefi), but I still have the problem from this topic: http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Problem-with-touchpad-and-Windows-8-1-Acer-Aspire-E5-511/m-p/292644/highlight/false#M46359

I can't choose with my touchpad when trying to install win 8.1.

• nitinnbisht

Tinkerer

Don't worry, get through the installation of windows in uefi mode using a USB mouse and afterwards continue with driver installation as advised and you will be sorted.

• n_netov
    n_netov Member Publicaciones: 5 New User

It may work, but I can't try it right now.

I tried using UEFI, but I must format the whole HDD during win 8.1 installation progress.

It says: Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only installed on GPT disks. Or something like that.

I have win 7 installed and everything works fine (programms, hardware). That's why I don't want to format.

I thought, that I might use dual boot, but it won't work (only change in BIOS UEFI/LEGACY).

So I've decided not to do anything.

I will keep it in mind and try it after an year or maybe two.

Anyway great job, nitinnbisht.

• amarkumar00740
    amarkumar00740 Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

You Rock Man Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL

I can not expalin how 100% working this solution is, I tried each and everything.., but this Solution Worked like a Miracle.

I wish if I could give you 1000+ likes and make this solution visible to all who facing this problem..,

Thanks Man, This Solution WORKS!!!!!

• veyselta
    veyselta Member Publicaciones: 2 New User

aynı sorunu bende yaşıyorum fakat bendeki acer hazırladığım usb belleği eufi olarak görmüyor ben 2 gündür uğraşıyorum ve sorunum çözülmedi

• Darkadam
    Darkadam Member Publicaciones: 3 New User

Hi thank you for the solution. How do I boot with UEFI? I did make an uefi boot usb with RUFUS, but my ACER laptop talks about not finding any boot devices. Could you help me with it? I get crazy with this touchpad problem. Why cant they make some decent drivers?

• veyselta
    veyselta Member Publicaciones: 2 New User

dark adam sen nerelisin

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Publicaciones: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello veyselta, and welcome!

The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we ask that users post in English in this community, as that is the most common language to all users here. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

Thanks!

• Darkadam
    Darkadam Member Publicaciones: 3 New User

It works!!! I have an Acer 2509. I did install windows 8.1 with UEFI boot and installed first (this is different for other laptops) the IO driver then the Chipset and after this the Synapsis driver. It works like a charm. For people having problems with installing in UEFi:

Download RUFUS http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Chose for UEFI only option with FAT 32. Let Rufus do it's magic and your UEFI boot on USB is ready. 

• Juggernaut
    Juggernaut Member Publicaciones: 15 New User

You've solved my problem! Thank yoiu so much for posting this.

Curt

• tushar
    tushar Member Publicaciones: 3 New User

when  i install windows 8.1 in Aspire e15 (e5-511-p7ux) laptop that time touch pad not working. i was try all types of solution as per your guide ( IO driver --> chipset drivers than touchpad driver (all drivers download from acer side ) in windows 7, windows 8 touchpad is working. 

• tushar

touch pad not working on windows 8.1 it working in windows 7, windows 8 i try original driver but it not work

• tushar

Aspire e15 (e5-511-p9y3) Touchpad not working on windows8.1, and I can use the cursor only with a mouse. I also installed synaptics/elantech drivers but it doesn't show scrolling option in Mouse-> Device Settings.

• red-hot
    red-hot Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

Thank you #nitinnbisht This solution it really helped me and works 100%. Best regards

• bbchetia
    bbchetia Member Publicaciones: 1 New User

Hi

With this process able  to work with touch pad in Windows 8.1. Another problem observerd that the TP behaving abnormally. It stop sometimes and sometimes move. Please let me know any solution for this kind of problem.

Checked with Windows 7 , found to be working fine