Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

Sergeant_Potato
Sergeant_Potato Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop came with Windows 10. and performance and battery life was not ideal for me, so I decided to install Ubuntu 16.04 (keeping WIndows 10 with dual boot). I flashed Ubuntu. but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings, so I could not select an OS at boot. After that I booted from USB again and selected "try Ubuntu before installing", and everything was fine. Then I set the laptop to sleep (I had to do something) using FN+F4 and everything was normal, after returning to the laptop about 4 hours later, it didnt wake up. I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, 5 seconds and 2 seconds, single tap and some other keyboard combinations. Nothing. The only thing the laptop does is blink the "power" LED 5 times when I do anything with the power button. No hard drive spinning, nothing. Suggestions?

Acer Aspire E5 - AMD A6 (used Ubuntu for AMD)

Windows 10 (stock)

The battery is not removable, so I can't do a hard reset.

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Sergeant_Potato
    Sergeant_Potato Member Posts: 4 New User

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset.

My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery?

Thanks for any help.