Trying to replicate a Acer Cloudbook 11 on a further 3 Cloudbooks

stephenc1
stephenc1 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have purchased 4 Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 11 AO1-131-C726 Laptop 11.6" 2GB RAM 

I've spent over half a day setting the first one up with guest account, anti virus, tidying up, backing up, etc and I'm now faced with the daunting task of setting up a further 3 of them.

Is there any way I can replicate the first one? I'm guessing one problem might be with Windows license but I'm guessing these can be updated if I somehow obtain their license first.

Can anyone advise please.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

You would need to network them and have a software deployment tool and probably know how to code and if they were PC's it would be doable, but I don't think it is in Cloudbooks.

• stephenc1

I'm ideally hoping for a simple solution. I'd even thought of trying to remove the hard drive and attaching it to a PC, copying it and then writting it to the others.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If the Cromebooks are identical and the HDD's are going to be identical, you could clone each drive from the one you already did. This is said to be one of the best free cloning programs.

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

• stephenc1

Yes, cloning the hard drive sounds like a solution. It would also mean I have a back up.

I wonder if it is difficult to remove the hard drive from the device? Is it a sort of USB type connection? Of a SATA cable?

Is it just the 4 screws at the back of the device which gives access to the drive?

Will it invalidate my warranty?

• I checked the service manual. Bad news, the storage is not a HDD, it is a chip soldered to the motherboard.

Sorry, but you're going to have to do each one the hard way.