My laptop screen changed to multicolored static lines until I forcefully restarted it

arechita
arechita Member Posts: 1 New User

Here's some context: I have a two year old laptop, model Acer Aspire E 15, E5-571-56WG. I noticed a few months ago that two or three screws had fallen out of the bottom of my laptop, and about a month ago, that it was making noises (like one of the internal compnents had broken loose and was suspended inside my laptop). I had one screw with me, as I'd found it at the bottom of my bag, and screwed it back on to the bottom. The small noises were still there though.

Anyway, I've been noticing recently (like about 3 times in the past week) that my laptop sometimes randomly shuts off on its own. A lot of people on the internet said it was probably a problem with the fan, so I didn't bother checking it out yet. But about an hour ago, something else happened - the laptop screen kinda stopped working. Instead of displaying the Google Chrome browser, the screen had horizontal, multicolored static lines flickering on it. I shut down the laptop and turned it on again immediately, and it's working fine now, but I'm not sure if this was random or if I should get it repaired.

Do you think you could tell me what's wrong with my laptop, or give me some advice regarding it? I take it to school everyday (if that matters) and I'll be needing it next month so I want to make sure it's okay. Thank you Smiley Happy

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Check to see if there is no interference, like maybe something has changed in the physical environment.

You could always contact Acer support in your region if the issue persist.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.