My acer Aspire E 15 restarts randomly

asanchezperaza
asanchezperaza Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

While I'm using the laptop it suddenly restarts, I thought it might be because of automatic updates but they are disabled. Also thought it could be overheating because it does restart when its very hot but even if it's not hot it restarts !!!
It is very annoying because I use it for school and do online tests and take online classes so it is inconvinient.

I dont know if its a hardware problem which would be upsetting because I only bought it 4 months ago.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

and see if there is a Bios update available for your laptop. If there is, update it.

If you don't know how to find your bios version,

in Windows search type system information

2016-09-25_1339.jpg

• gustavolaufer
    gustavolaufer Member Posts: 2 New User

While I'm using the laptop it suddenly restarts, I thought it might be because of automatic updates but they are disabled. Also thought it could be overheating because it does restart when its very hot but even if it's not hot it restarts !!!
    It is very annoying because I use it for school and do online tests and take online classes so it is inconvinient.

I dont know if its a hardware problem which would be upsetting because I only bought it 4 months ago.

@asanchezperaza
    I have the same problem as you described. How have you solved it?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

@asanchezperaza
    I have the same problem as you described. How have you solved it?

Hi,
    Switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, once completed leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins before you start again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • Ramisy
    Ramisy Member Posts: 6 New User

philetus said:

and see if there is a Bios update available for your laptop. If there is, update it.

2016-09-25_1339.jpg

philetus said:

2016-09-25_1339.jpg

• Ramisy
    Ramisy Member Posts: 6 New User

While I'm using the laptop it suddenly restarts, I only bought it 4 months ago. from first month I have had this problem.  I have done all the ways which you wrote them here but they dont work.

I need help pleas 

• natbak
    natbak Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

philetus said:

2016-09-25_1339.jpg

I have done all updates but it still restarts without warning; what else can I do?
  • 0381G
    0381G Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem and they are telling me to send it in. They don't say anything about paying for shipping even though the laptop is under warranty.  I have updated the BIOS to the most current. Still continues to randomly shut down. Did anyone having this problem try the battery reset as suggested?  I'd like to do what I can before sending in as I don't feel like removing/backing up everything on my laptop in case all is lost....Google search looks like a lot of people with the same problem. Not happy.
  • natbak

Tinkerer

As I said, I did all updates and it is still restarting ?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    natbak said:
    As I said, I did all updates and it is still restarting ?

Hi,
    Have you done the battery reset as I have described in my post? If that doesn't help, go to Device manager, expand Display adapters and uninstall the driver for your graphics, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • natbak

Tinkerer

yes and bios updates as well, same still
  • BISWAS
    BISWAS Member Posts: 2 New User
    I use Acer E5-553-T4PT laptop.While using laptop suddenly my pc restart much time. Then I decided to reset my pc.Complete my pc restart I think my problem will be overcome.

But the problem not solved.Hole time my pc  Temperatures was normal.

My pc BIOS version: v1.19
    Windows 10 (10.0.16299.125)
    AMD Radeon software version  17.12.1

Kindly help on this issue.
  • natbak

Tinkerer

I have done all updates and it still restarts, what else can I do?
  • natbak

Tinkerer

No news, solution?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    For those of you whose machines are still under warranty, don't waste any more time waiting for a solution. Click the ACER service link at the bottom of this page and arrange for warranty repairs now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• meoantolin
    meoantolin Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    The battery reset thing works for a few days/weeks, but after a while, the problem returns.  Sometimes, I won't be able to restart until I plug it into a power outlet. What gives?
  • Those who have this problem please try getting it fixed under warranty as @JackE suggested, if you are out of warranty, you could try this fix, it may or may not work but worth a try.
    Remove the service hatch, apply an electrical tape(cut to cover the area marked with yellow rectangle), apply a single layer at one time and try whether it fixes the problem.  Please make sure the tape is applied only to the rubber section only.

• JHP
    JHP Member Posts: 114 Fixer WiFi Icon
    this might be a stupid comment - but how is the power setting set up?  Does windows shut off after a certain time (look in control panel)
  • JackE
    @JHP You just got the laptop back from TX. Why are you posting on this thread? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JHP
    JHP Member Posts: 114 Fixer WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    @JHP You just got the laptop back from TX. Why are you posting on this thread? Jack E/NJ

I thought with the org poster that the laptop in question had a flaky power setting :)
    Jeff

• JackE
    Ah, I see. Awwright! You're now in the official contributor mode!  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ