ES1-512-C162 dos not start

TheWelsman
TheWelsman Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have the acer ES1-512-C162 of a friend. The issue is that is will not start. If you press the power button the blue light blinks, I hear the HDD start but it stops immediatly.

The BIOS doesn't start.

If I remove the HDD and try to start without HDD I just get a blinking blue light. I also put in another HDD but then ony the blue light blinked.

Can anybody help?

Best Answer

• TheWelsman
    Answer ✓

Hi Philetus,

I discussed teh issue woth my friend. He will not repair the laptop but buy a new one. I have put the HD in a external container and the data on the HD can be retreived.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Try a hard reset. Unplug it and turn it over. Locate the reset hole and using a paper clip, gently push until you feel a click. Hold for 5 seconds. Plug in and try.
    Check or have checked the output of the power supply.

2016-06-05_1919.jpg

• TheWelsman

Hi Philetus,

Thanks for your reply.

I already tried the hard reset, that did not help. I think the power supply is ok, If I connect the power supply the light showing the power supply is connected does work. I will check to be certain.

• TheWelsman

Philetus,

I checked the power supply and that is working fine. Also tried resetting the battery again. No luck.

The Welsman

• philetus

From your results, I would guess the motherboard is bad. If it is still under warranty you should contact Acer or book it in for repair yourself.

http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/Default.aspx

• TheWelsman

Philetus,

Thanks for your help. I will contact Acer to see if it is the motherboard.

• philetus

Let me know what you find out.

• TheWelsman
    Answer ✓

Hi Philetus,

I discussed teh issue woth my friend. He will not repair the laptop but buy a new one. I have put the HD in a external container and the data on the HD can be retreived.