E3-112 Black screen and beeping

ComePalomas
ComePalomas Member Posts: 4 New User
I have a problem with my laptop, it stopped and reboots suddenly, when I try to power on don't show anything and beeps 30 times, I tried to flash the BIOS with a USB and the FN + Esc shorcut but don't works, I don't know what to do.

Sorry for my English, it's so bad.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You could have a problem with the memory dimm, but to get to it requires completely dis mantling the laptop to get to the memory.

You can try resetting the battery by unplugging it, turn it over, find the tiny pin hole in the bottom and push into it gently with a paper clip until you feel a faint click and hold it for 5 seconds. This has fixed a few.

If it's still under warranty, give Acer Columbia a call

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/country/Colombia.htm

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You could have a problem with the memory dimm, but to get to it requires completely dis mantling the laptop to get to the memory.

You can try resetting the battery by unplugging it, turn it over, find the tiny pin hole in the bottom and push into it gently with a paper clip until you feel a faint click and hold it for 5 seconds. This has fixed a few.

If it's still under warranty, give Acer Columbia a call

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/country/Colombia.htm

• ComePalomas
    I have a question, what happens if I disconnect the battery without press that button?
  • If you are talking about the built in battery and you have the laptop opened up, nothing would happen except the battery would be disconnected.

• ComePalomas
    Thanks, now i can access to the BIOS, but the PC doesn't recognize the hard drive, I tried to see the disk with Linux, but the disk doesn't appear.
  • See if it will recognize another HDD.