Can I install windows 7 on Acer aspire ES1-533

sidepool
sidepool Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello.
I was told that I can use only windows 10 for acer aspire ES1-533. But I would like to use win 7. Is there any problem in using win 7 for this model? Acer said they do not guarantee anything if I use other version of windows except windows 10.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

First of all, always create the recovery media to revert to factory windows 10 installation!

enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot, move to Boot tab and set  Legacy instead of UEFI on Boot mode, then press F10 to save and exit.

you will be able to boot using a windows 7 installation media.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Kanchu
    Kanchu Member Posts: 1 New User

This Process can help you install windows 7 in the laptop but you can not match the drivers compatibilty for windows 7

as the produt drivers are not realesed by the brand.

We also cant fetch the drivers through third party, even the compatible driver software is not available.

• Adam_S
    Adam_S Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello. Unfortunately, I can not disable UEFI option in Acer aspire ES1-533. Bios version 1.07, Secure Boot: Disable. I created Supervisor password, but Boot Mode is still inactive. Please help.
    Regards. Adam

• Mono
    Mono Member Posts: 21 Networker

Acer aspire ES1-533 in BIOS page We cant change the boot mode in LEGACY it will be defalt UEFI so that for installig windiows for this unit you should format the USB flash drive as FAT32 rather than as NTFS. To format the partition as FAT32, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER.

after creating the Bootable driver You can install it 

• Mono
    Mono Member Posts: 21 Networker

Acer aspire ES1-533 in BIOS page We cant change the boot mode in LEGACY it will be default UEFI so that for install windows for this unit you should format the USB flash drive as FAT32 rather than as NTFS. To format the partition as FAT32, type format fs=fat32 quick, and then click ENTER. after creating the Bookable driver You can install it

• richardtaylor
    richardtaylor Member Posts: 2 New User
    so can i install windows 7 on my acer aspire ES1-533-C6GM and i herd the driver want work not even usb's is that true
  • AndrSkype
    AndrSkype Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi !
    I have Acer Aspire ES1 533 C0ZA, I want install windows 7 but I can't because the UEFI is only for BIOS... Can I Chenge The boot mode to Legacy Mode ?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    You must first set and save a supervisor password then exit the BIOS menu. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password. Then try to change from UEFI to legacy mode. If it's still can't be changed, you likely have a newer mainboard where the legacy BIOS overlay feature is no longer available. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ