Aspire E15 screen dimming problem

Browseri
Browseri Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello!

I've tried to search for this problem everywhere and I just can't find a way to disable it.

When there is something bright on my screen (not light sensor related) my screen brightens up, and when there is something dark on the screen - the screen brightness goes down. This is driving me crazy!'

From what I've found out this has something to do with the Intel Graphics Power Management. There is an option to disable it (not sure if it is this, but should be) when you open Graphic Properties and click on Power and "On Battery" and disable "Display Power Saving Technology". This is fine and all - BUT THERE IS NO OPTION TO DISABLE IT ON "Plugged In" STATUS?!

Someone had suggested to change on Advanced Power Settings "Intel(R) Graphics Power Plan" to Maximum Performance on Plugged in, but this does not seem to help at all. There was also registry-key fix somewhere, but my registry seems to be different and the option is not there.

Can anyone help? Acer please this screen dimming/flickering is driving me crazy and I need an option to disable this annoying screen saving...

Oh, and I have Acer Aspire E5-573G-58RM.