Unable to download a user manual for CB5-132T-C1LK Chromebook. Hangs or errors result.

Sandwichmaker
Sandwichmaker Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Acer support site offers downloads including user manuals for their products. When I attempt a download, I get system error messages, or the page hangs while accessing info, or the site fails to proceed to the next dropdown box, etc etc. It's unresponsive to my model no (CB5-132T-C1LK), S/N, SNID. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Sandwichmaker,

I'm able to access several areas of the download site without issue. We'll keep an eye out if we hear other complaints. Here is the direct link if it helps, is it possible to try from another location or PC?

User Manual Acer User Manual 1 3.5 MB 2015/11/06

Download

Thanks,
    Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Sandwichmaker,

I'm able to access several areas of the download site without issue. We'll keep an eye out if we hear other complaints. Here is the direct link if it helps, is it possible to try from another location or PC?

User Manual Acer User Manual 1 3.5 MB 2015/11/06

Download

Thanks,
    Cory

• Sandwichmaker

Thanks very much for taking the time to supply the attachment to your post. Your reply encouraged me to try another newer Dell desktop we have here. The new one worked fine on "Select your product from a list", but froze on "search by product model" just as the first PC had. The older PC failed entirely, even when using IE instead of our usual Chrome. Both are Windows 7 Pro machines. Perhaps this will help the next person. Again, thanks for your assistance.

• Pssst3
    Pssst3 Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon

That manual is for the clamshell 2015 Acer Chromebook 11.

It is NOT for the convertible 2016 Acer Chromebook R11. 

i.e., not for the CB5-132T-C1LK

• Sandwichmaker

Right you are. Acer does not seem to think it's important for the CB5-132T-C1LK to have a proper manual, instead pointing you to the manual referenced above. There are some differences.

• Pssst3
    Pssst3 Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon

There are lots of differences, as many as between a station wagon and a  more recent convertible coupe.

I guess that all my complaining in every venue I could find is starting to pay off. 

YESTERDAY ACER POSTED "updated" INFORMATION AND MANUALS FOR THE R11s.

However what's there now is still lame and very incomplete. A hardware manufactures user manual should thoroghly cover the hardware and its care and use, not devote 2/3 of the manual to how to. "drive" or find a parts store, to use an automotive analogy.

As far as I can tell, all Acer did was put an "R" on the cover and change the line drawings of the sides of the case. The cover still shows a black generic Acer laptop. There's not even a casual mention of the tent, display or tablet modes.

I downloaded user manuals from Lenovo and Samsung for comparison. They don't have an

as pretty a three year old overview of ChromeOS as this manual does, but they do cover the fact that the display folds and some precautions.

Lenovo and HP seem to always have better manuals, but needing to use their manuals is like buying a Lexus and then working from a Honda Civic Owners Manual.

Very disappointing.

• Jerry1949laf
    Jerry1949laf Member Posts: 2 New User
    when I press the download button i get an error message saying page cannot be found
  • dallen54
    dallen54 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem.  Their website is horrible.  It goes in circles, logs you back out and takes you back to the sign in page, and will never proceed to the manual.  Just spins forever.  So frustrating!  From what you're saying here, there isn't actually a manual for the R11, which is probably why it just hangs.  It can't find it.  Does Acer not understand that if you have good and complete information on a product you can more fully utilize it and will be more likely to recommend it and purchase more from that company in the future?  Guess not....
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited June 2018
    When I go to the support site and navigate to the support page for the CB5-132T (Chromebook; R 11; CB5-132T) and then click on Documents I'm presented with four different docs, one of which is the User Manual, does that not work for you? I clicked on the link and the manual loaded right up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.