Acer Aspire XC-704 Power Supply Upgrade

machew
machew Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello,

I am quite new to customizing desktops.

I would like to swap my Acer ASPIRE XC-704's power supply, I believe it is a 65W power supply but I would like to swap it into a 600W+ psu.

First off, I am having trouble locating the power supply.

Is it possible to upgrade this desktop's power supply?

I couldnt find any pictures of the interior on the web, however, there is a youtube video showcasing the interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCzbysQq6s

Please ignore the commentator.
Thank you.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

The Aspire XC-704 series is only powered by AC adapters (external power supply) of 65 or 90W.

Here are the original AC adapter of 90W:

Spoiler
    KP.09001.002AC ADAPTER.90W.19V
    KP.09003.005AC ADAPTER.90W.19V
    KP.0900H.001AC ADAPTER.90W.19V
    France
  • JoeMiholics
    JoeMiholics Member Posts: 1 New User

On 01/02/2017, I received a Refurbished ACER Aspire XC-704 Compact Desktop Pc From Amazon.com...

Upon opening the Box I realized first, it contained No Owner/Set-Up Manuals (which, really isn't a big deal and secondly, AFTER running and snaking ALL the Cords, I realized (Super Oddly) that the Power Supply was like a Laptops (????) AND... Of all things, the 90° Female Jack that goes from the Transformer To The Internal Male (single) Prong DOES NOT FIT...!!!

IT'S WAY TO SMALL...!!! 

SO... I immediately emailed The Seller (which, by Amazon's Standards the Seller Has 48-Hours to Respond) and, have been searching EVERYWHERE For WHICH IS THE PROPER POWER SUPPLY For this particular ACER Aspire XC-704...

Because I NEED TO Thoroughly Check This Unit Out and I'd rather NOT Wait for the "Email Solution" that's Two States (US) Away... 

I'm certain that it requires 19-Volts... 

I have No idea whether it calls for 65-Watts or the 90-Watts... 

AND... I'm Clueless to which 90° Female Jack/Receptical NEED BE at the End of the Power Supply in Question... 

And finally, being that this ACER Unit WAS "Factory Refurbished," one would "think" that whomever actually DID the Refurbishment, "Would've" PLACED The POWER SUPPLY INSIDE The BOX... 

OR... 

The Unit wasn't actually refurbished and whoever the 1st Customer that Sent the Unit Back, possibly/accidently through one of his other Laptop Power Supplies into the Box for Return......??? 

My sincerest apologies for bring soooooooooo long winded but, you are clearly the Person that could provide an accurate response to this much NEEDED Solution to this bizarre dilemma... 

Sincerely, 

Joe M. 

Central Florida, USA

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hi JoeMiholics,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France