Acer Aspire Z3771 all in one monitor password access

shiekmatadger
shiekmatadger Member Posts: 3 New User

i have an Acer Aspire Z3771 all in one monitor my problem is i am running windows 7 home premium and i had a crash my only option i thought at the time was to return to factory seetings which i did as i had previously burned backup discs

now my problem is i cannot access F12 boot option as my monitor came from acer with locked in password

i have tried contacting acer but as warrenty has expired they washed there hands of it

is there anyone on this forum that can help me find a solution to this problem as i have files i do not want to lose

thanks

PS the help and support is useless

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you get it fixed?

• shiekmatadger

hi sorry for delay on answer 

my Daughter to pc to uni she did not need to change anything as i manage to re-install window 

i still have not managed to access bios as came from acer locked and the barstewards support is useless

if anyone out there can help me access or change locked password in BIOS i would appreciate your help

• Unless there was a big mistake on someone's part at the factory, it did not come from Acer with a password.

If it was a a floor demo at a store, it's possible some joker put a PW in it.

If F-12 is not enabled in bios, it will not work. Try once more to access f-12. As soon as you push the power, start tapping F-12 rapidly until it works or starts booting. let me know.

• shiekmatadger
    I get F12 but password locked
    I bought pc braND new from shopping channel delivered in box sealed in plastic inside also box sealed upon delivery I only noticed locked password last year as I was having trouble with windows and was trying to reboot with back up discs I burned