aspire M1641 windows XP installation

langsat
langsat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I got a old desktop -aspire M1641. It uses windows ( the previous user format it ) .When It got virus, I try to format it with windows XP SP3 installation CD. I cannot find the main partition , only a small partition found.  After I install XP in small partition and reboot the comp, the Windows XP systems remains the same. I tried several times but invaild. I do some research in google.

http://jcalcote.wordpress.com/2008/01/05/installing-windows-xp-on-a-sata-drive/

About combining master windows XP with SATA driver , can  i downdoad the SATA AHCI Driver from www.acer.com.my and use it as SATA driver? Is it the same?It only comes with windows vista . Is it suitable for windows XP as well? Can I uses the F6 to load other driver instead of nlite? What is the text-mode driver? The driver from www.acer.com.my is text-mode or normal windows driver?

Here is my desktop pic.

WP_20140910_15_33_36_Smart.jpgWP_20140910_15_33_25_Smart.jpg 

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You can use F6 at windows installation and copy the files inside this zip to a floppy disk:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/AHCI/AHCI_NVIDIA_10.1.0.20_Vistax86_A.zip?acerid=633645768137975530&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20M1641&OS=V10&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=AAP_4

remember to check if AHCI SATA is enabled in BIOS.

if you prefer to use nLite, just add the same files to the CD.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • langsat

Thnx in advance. I already download from the driver and manual part. Just wanna to know it is TEXT-Mode driver or not a normal Windows driver because I wanna use nLite way and TEXT MODE drive is essential ( according to the John Calcote).

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

i don't know if those drivers are text mode, but on this link you can find usefull information and downloads for nLite and nForce chipset.

http://www.win-raid.com/t21f37-NVIDIA-Integration-of-nForce-AHCI-RAID-Drivers-into-XP.html

• langsat
    Thnx. I will try it.
  • langsat

My friend can't wait for my installation. The comp shop install the comp with windows 7. Anyway, I still want to make a Windows XP installation disc embeded with SATA drives using nLite, so next time would not need to trouble. 

Now , May I know which options should I choose from ?

B. Integration of the nForce AHCI drivers

A. Integration of the nForce RAID drivers

From http://www.acer.com.my/ac/en/MY/content/drivers , Aspire M1641 got SATA AHCI driver from Nvidia but from the comp that already installed with windows 7, I found the device manager :

1. IDE ATA/ ATAPI controllers
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller- hardwares ids
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_056C&SUBSYS_01371025&REV_A1
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_056C&SUBSYS_01371025
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_056C&CC_01018A
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_056C&CC_0101

2.IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
    VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller- hardwares ids
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_309D1462&REV_C0
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_309D1462
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&CC_0C0010
    PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&CC_0C00

3.Storage Controllers
    NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller-Hardware idS

ACPI\NVRAID20

*NVRAID20

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller-hardware ids

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F8&SUBSYS_01371025&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F8&SUBSYS_01371025
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07F8&CC_010485

Look like the RAID word is inside instead of AHCI.

What options should I choose? Please help me . Thanks in advance.

• IronFly

AHCI

if you can choose between AHCI and IDE in BIOS

• langsat
    which is better?anyway,I already successfully make a disc .
  • IronFly

AHCI

is better

• langsat
    Ya,I choose nforce AHCI driver because I google the hardware ids and found out MCP73 is the chipset that match 32bit nForce SATA-IDE driver v11.1.0.43 mod by Fernando.
  • langsat

I just try to install aspire M1641 with nlite made cd. But it shows blue screen . Plz help. Thnx in advance

WP_20140917_14_28_15_Smart.jpg 

• IronFly

Install with IDE on BIOS, then switch to AHCI after you ended the XP installation.

IDE to AHCI switch after windows xp installation and AHCI driver installation:

1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
    2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
    3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
    4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
    5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
    6) Shut down
    7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.

if it doesn't work, simply switch back to IDe on BIOS and it will boot.

• langsat

Thnx . I will just use IDE . It doesnot seems much differences. Anyway, I think maybe my Windows XP installation CD is embeded with SATA drives already and your method works.Tnnx again

This discussion has been closed.