Stuck in "Automatic Repair"

Ahmedn1
Ahmedn1 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello support community,
I have a big problem. I have Acer Aspire V5 with touch screen with Windows 8 installed which I upgraded to win 8.1. I had it for almost 2 years now but yesterday I left it downloading and slept. When I woke up I found it shutdown (I had the charger plugged) so I thought may be it installed some updates and restarted.
When I tried to start it I got the blue screen of "your PC had some problems" and it restarts with "preparing automatic repair" and then it shut down completely. Everytime I power on the laptop it does this.
I searched the web for every solution out there and most of them depend on the recovery menu options. And here is my surprise, what on Earth would make a laptop manufacturer disable startup functions like BIOS? I mean I tried every function key on my keyboard with every possible combination with the Alt and Shift keys to get to the bios or even display the boot order or get the safe mode menu but all in vain.
I mean, why would anyone do that? These functions are life saviors in some cases.
Anyway, no use of complaining now. I need an urgent solution. I'm a programmer and all my work is on the laptop.
The circumstances are as follows:
- the laptop is Aspire V5 - 571PG
- windows 8.1
- can't find the windows product key anywhere on the laptop
- I have a windows 8 installation disk (but with no product key) I have it also on a USB drive.
- my laptop's serial number is [edited for privacy]
- SNID [edited for privacy]
Please this is very urgent.

Best Answer

• Ahmedn1
    Answer ✓
    I solved it
    The problem was in the wireless adapter (obviously an update was installed and the laptop was restarted). I disassembled the laptop and removed the wireless adapter then I started the laptop and everything was fine and the windows loaded fine. After that I put the adapter again and assembled the laptop and it went fine. No refresh or reset needed. No re-installing windows needed. No hard disk wipe needed.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

To enter BIOS is F2 but with the fast win8 start, sometimes it's hard to press it at the right time.

with UEFI bios you don't need any serial, the installation program will found the correct code inside the UEFI bios.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Just to add on to what Ironfly mentions,

Here is an article on how to restore Windows 8 using the USB recovery: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27608

Cory

• Ahmedn1
    Answer ✓
    I solved it
    The problem was in the wireless adapter (obviously an update was installed and the laptop was restarted). I disassembled the laptop and removed the wireless adapter then I started the laptop and everything was fine and the windows loaded fine. After that I put the adapter again and assembled the laptop and it went fine. No refresh or reset needed. No re-installing windows needed. No hard disk wipe needed.
This discussion has been closed.