PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys)

LG33
LG33 Member Posts: 11 New User

Hello,

I used to have a BSOD, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, which got fixed by updating my Nvidia driver. Now I keep having PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I don't know if it's the driver's problem, but it is really irritating. My computer crashes about 2-5 times a day randomly. While watching videos, while playing games, while surfing the web and just while being AFK. I have researched the problem much and I haven't found a solution to it.

Nvidia GeForce GT 640M 2GB of VRAM

Windows 8 64 bit

Acer Aspire V3-571G

If the problem doesn't get solved I'll get it fixed, It's still under warranty. Although It's like 100 kms by bus... :/

Best Answer

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi LG33,

I don't imagine you've owned your unit very long, so I'll assume the graphics card isn't faulty. This usually is caused by a driver issue. I would suggest doing a refresh on your system (no data loss) by following the steps listed here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Try it out, if you still have issues afterwards you likely do have a hardware issue.

Answers

• ScottyC
    Answer ✓

Hi LG33,

I don't imagine you've owned your unit very long, so I'll assume the graphics card isn't faulty. This usually is caused by a driver issue. I would suggest doing a refresh on your system (no data loss) by following the steps listed here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Try it out, if you still have issues afterwards you likely do have a hardware issue.

• LG33

It tells me "All of your apps installed from the Windows Store will be kept." and "All of your apps installed from websites or discs will be removed." Does that mean that I loose all of my games and applications like fraps, GTA IV etc. or does that mean that I will loose all of my apps for Windows 8 (Weather, E-Mail etc.) installed from the internet?

• ScottyC

Do a refesh and not a reset. A refresh leaves all of your files alone. As a matter of fact in the 100+ times that I've done it I've only lost the apps and didn't lose any files, not the other way around.

• LG33

**bleep** IT!

It removed half of the progras on my computer that I used the most! "will leave all of your files alone" NOT. If I just deinstalled half of my programs for nothing I am going to be so ***** Smiley Sad

• LG33

Actually, I take that back. I just need to reinstall them. All of the saves are still intact.

• ScottyC

Exactly, your files are still intact just the applications that need to be reconfigged.

• LG33

Thanks! It worked. I apologize for my comment, but I was really upset. Now my PC is wroking better too! Smiley Very Happy

• ScottyC

Not to worry, I understand your frustration and sometimes you just have to get it out. No harm done. Glad I was able to help you out and that your computer is working well again.

If ever you have issues with your computer don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
    ScottyC

This discussion has been closed.