Installing Windows 7 on acer aspire E1-571G

420KScott
420KScott Member Posts: 3 New User

Ok so I have seen this posted a few times but is was from a few months ago.

My problem: bought a new laptop, love the hardware, hate the abomination called "Windows 8".

My initial solution: Install from an old win7 boot disk i found laying around my flat. (can't complain too much about win7).

NEW problem at hand:

After removing win8 partition (starting to think i shouldn't have done that), boot off win7 install disk, all dandy till we get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" page & it gives me an error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."

After a little research i find that this has something to do with the legacy bios mode (I changed it in a succesful effort to switch secure boot off), so i go into bios & change it to UEFI, try again: now win7 install is hanging at the "Starting Windows" page. Please, anyone with some advice.

Best Answer

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

1 - Disable 'Secure boot'

2 - Change UEFI to Legacy

3 - Format installation partition as NTFS

4 - Install WIndows 7

Answers

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

1 - Disable 'Secure boot'

2 - Change UEFI to Legacy

3 - Format installation partition as NTFS

4 - Install WIndows 7

• 420KScott
    420KScott Member Posts: 3 New User

After some fooling around, i have made some form of progress:

note: boot mode: legacy bios

At first I was aprehensive about removing all partitions on my new laptops hdd as i know the drivers & other software are on the partitions, but i got over it & just deleted everything. where most users have hit the brick wall at the "where do you want to install window?" page i am currently at "expanding windows files 96%...". The next order of business would be to find your drivers again, so (i have been called a nice guy before & now i will accept the role givenSmiley Happy here is the page you will need if you need to find " 'Em Drivers": http://www.acer.co.za/ac/en/ZA/content/drivers, just scroll through the various models & select your drivers from the results, depending where in the world you live (ie. where I live) this is a large download so watch your cap.

now for a laugh!: I accedently installed 32bit instead of 64bit, but no worries going to go through the motions & do it again, don't foresee any further issues & the dreaded windows 8 is history

• suul77
    suul77 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi sir i bought accr e1- 571

from pakistan lahore
    sir my laptop windows is  not orignal i want to know that  can i claim to aceer compnay to give me the orignal windows product key there is np product key in back case of laptop or on anything in box  sir  please guid me how i claim Smiley Sad

• manietoj1
    manietoj1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello:

You can go to: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

or (India): http://www.acer.co.in/ac/en/IN/content/home

BR Alfonso.

• dyamant2005
    dyamant2005 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi , I have a E1 532 and i don't have secure boot , but after folowing the steps i still get the message

"windows cannot be installed to disK 0 Partition 1" and when i click show details it says

"windows cannot be instaled to this disk'. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the compute's bios menu"

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.