Aspire One D255E WLAN Driver problems, please help

Troy
Troy Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire One Netbook D255E which was origionaly puchased second hand with Windows 7 Starter. The net book worked fine and was connected to the internet wirelessly with no problems. I decided to install Windows 7 Ultimate which resulted in having to reinstall several drivers. All the drivers were located off the ACER website based on the Netbook model no. Problem is I cannot get my WLAN back up and running (the Ethernet Connection driver worked, so I can connect with a cable.) ACER website provided 4 Wireless drivers which were Broadcom, Atheros, Intel and Realtek and non of these installed. Ive tried using system auditing software to find out the manufacturer of the wireless adaptor but all these various programs cannot detect the wireless device (ethernet device is detectable.) I assume because theres no wireless driver installed the wireless hardware is not detectable. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Really appreciate your time, ta

Troy   

Answers

• z_mashine
    z_mashine Member Posts: 5 New User

Show us a screenshot of "Device Manager -> Network adapters" & "Device Manager -> Other devices" if available.

• Troy

See below/attached

Screenshot.JPG

• z_mashine
    z_mashine Member Posts: 5 New User

Run Windows Update from Control Panel and press "Check for updates" without update's automaticaly installation ("Change settings" item on left side). After update's checking switch to their manual selection. On tab with optional downloads you should see the package with driver for wireless card.

If no then show "Hardware Ids" for "Network Controller" from Device Manager. See below in example.

2014-06-06_193624.png

• Troy

Hi,

Z_mashine your a legend!!! I tried updating via the ethernet cable last night so I figured your first suggestion would not work....but your second suggestion did! This is what I did for anyone else out there with a similar problem:

1. Follow Z_mashines instructions on getting the hardware id,
    2. Enter the ID into a search engine to see if there is an existing search which will lead to the specified hardware name
    3. Once I knew the name I could then visit a driver database to search for the correct driver for windows 7 (I used PC pitstop driver) pcpitstop
    4. Download driver, then instal it manually via device manager.

Thanks a bunch Z_machine, Im now connected wirelessly Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.