Adding Bluetooth to Aspire One 722-0825

throuble
throuble Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently decided to add bluetooth capability to my Aspire netbook.  I purchsed and installed a Broadcom WIFI/Bluetooth card and everything looked like it was working properly.  The only thing is that, although it recognizes bluetooth devices within range, it will not communicate with them.  For instance, I have a bluetooth speaker that shows up on the list of available devices, but when I try to connect, it gives back an error that reads "Audio Driver is not available, please make sure the Bluetooth Audio Device works properly."  I know the speaker works, because I can connect to it with my phone.  Can anyone tell me what part of the equation I am missing?  Thanks, -Thom

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If your Aspire One 722 did not originally ship with a Bluetooth card, I can only suggest to check your Device Manager and makes sure there are no "bangs" or exclamation marks. This would indicate the driver was not completely installed and would explain the issue you are experiencing.

I would also recommend you to try and connect to another Bluetooth device (mouse, keyboard, phone) and see if you experience the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.