Acer Aspire 7720G WiFi Problems...

dnrmed
dnrmed Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

So this is my dilemma. I have this 17'' Acer Aspire 7720G. I have had the computer for quite some time and never had any major issues with it until now...

I have upgraded the memory, the dual hard drives and the OS... All was ok, until now...

I had Vista 32bit on it and worked perfectly, then switched to Windows 7 32bit, and again everything worked perfectly. Now I decided to install Windows 7 64bit. The reason for the change is that I need to use a software that only comes in 64bit.

So after the clean install on a new hard drive, I got everything to work excellent, with the exception of my wifi card.

I have tried to install numerous versions of the driver, even from different manufacturers, and still no go...

And here comes the funny thing... If I switch hard drive to the old one with Windows 7 32bit, the WiFi card works perfectly, and if I swap it out again with the Windows 7 64bit, again, no go...

This is really frustrating, I have tried everything I know and I simply can't get it to work...

Anybody any ideas???

This discussion has been closed.