Retrieving Windows 7 product key

AdamM1996
AdamM1996 Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there any other way of retrieving my Windows 7 product key as the one on the sticker on the bottom of my laptop is worn out and faded. I've tried recovering the key but its extremely hard to see. I am just wondering is there another way to recover it ?

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I can`t remember specifically where this information is for windows 7 but with Vista the following will give you the product key...there will be something similar for windows 7.

Go into the control panel...system and maintenance...system information...find the product key at the bottom of the page.

Like I say,I can`t remember for windows 7 how to do this but by following the above for Vista,you will find a route to your product key for windows 7 I`m sure.

• AdamM1996
    AdamM1996 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you I'll be sure to give it a try !

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

It seems it isn`t as easy in windows 7 to find the product key...you can find the product ID easily enough but the product key itself is harder...in fact you need to download a program that will find it for you as the product key is encrypted in the registry...there are several programs that will find the key for you...one of them is "speccy" from piriform...run the program and it should appear under Operating System...another is Produkey but I have not used this...they are all free programs..try looking for further information online by googling and you will find your route to the key.

• ssk
    ssk Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter

You do not require product key if you  reinstall the os through recovery disc. Please review the followong link

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2791/kw/product%20key/sno/1

• chas_haywood
    chas_haywood Member Posts: 4 New User

Use Belarc Advisor from www.belarc.com its free and generates a comprehensive report of your system including product keys and serial numbers. Hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.