Installing Windows 7 on Aspire V3 571

Aggemannen
Aggemannen Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Acer forum! 

My family just recently bought a Acer Aspire V3-571, and with it came Windows 8. After about two weeks of trying to get used to the system and get everything up and running, we decided to uninstall windows 8 and install Windows 7 instead.

I've gone through most of the process, but now I'm stuck at where to install W7. There are five "partions", of which one is the local drive C, where I want it to be installed. But when I try to choose that location, I get the message "Windows can't be installed on this disk. The chosen disk has the partitiontype GPT". (translated from Swedish)

I've tried multiple ways around it, most commonly it has something to do wuth the BIOS. I've changed the Booting process from UEFI to Legacy BIOS, and there is where I'm at now. 

If I try and use the UEFI setting, the message "ATAPI CDROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT70N has been blocked by the current security policy". I have tried to look it up and fix it, but to none sucess. 

Is there anyone who can help me with this? 

Answers

• selvakumar
    selvakumar Member Posts: 1 New User

same problem for me.. i dont know what to do.

if anyone know how to install win 7 , please let me know

• AlywOw
    AlywOw Member Posts: 4 New User

Make sure you have an official Windows disc or ISO. I installed Windows 7 on 551G through USB disc. All you have to do is delete all previous partitions which comes with Windows 8. Then create a new one and allocate the whole capacity. That's all.

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

You appear to have forgotten a crucial step - disable 'Secure boot'.
    Do this before you delete any partitions!
    You may need to set a password before you can disable secure boot but ensure you clear ALL passwords before you proceed.

• Erlington
    Erlington Member Posts: 19 New User

For that problem, you need to follow these steps:

1:Get in the BIOS and change UEFI instead BIOS LEGACY and Secure boot switch to DISABLED

2:Run the boot proces and when you will on the hard disks screen, press SHIFT+F10, it will open a line console.

3:Type this:

DISKPART

SELECT DISK 0

CLEAN

EXIT

EXIT

4:And now continue with the process normally.

Note: The bad point on this process is that everything in your harddisk will be erased includes the partitions,So i recommend you to save your files on an external harddisk before do it.

I hope i have been helpful to you.

Regardings.

• Nyrixa
    Nyrixa Member Posts: 1 New User

Erlington, i love you now, worked like a charm.

• Erlington
    Erlington Member Posts: 19 New User

Hi Nyrixa, email me to become you in my girlfriend xD. I just kidding. It's good to hear it worked for you.

• anderson99
    anderson99 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Completely off topic but I wanted to ask someone who had the same model as me.

I'm having a few issues with sound from the internal speaker. Basically there doesn't appear to be any bass. On the dolby eq, the last three faders on the low end are completely unresponsive. When I plug in headphones or put the laptop through my stereo however, there is a clear difference.

Can you let me know if yours is the same?

Many thanks

screen shot.jpg

• mazen
    mazen Member Posts: 57 New User

Installing windows 7 is an easy mates,

if you have UEFI bios try to make a windows setup usb from your windows 7 disk(you should have the key)

1- create iso file from windows dvd you have to your harddrive.

2- then install Microsoft dvd/usb creator

3- download a file ORFUS (google is your best friend- ORFUS UEFI usb creator)

4- create a UEFI usb with ORFUS and then use Microsoft dvd/usb creator to create usb windows installler

5- when done insert usb and restart your laptop from usb and install windows.You can use same procedure to make windows 8 usb windows UEFI installer.

Good luck

• Geor12
    Geor12 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Erlington,

I've got lost in the second step of your explanation. I've changed what you mentioned in step 1, but when I try to boot from my Windows 7 DVD it gets frozen in the "starting windows" part.

I think this is because I couldn't delete or clean the Disk 0, this is why I'm trying to get your help on this. Where should I press SHIFT+F10 to open the console?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Georgina

This discussion has been closed.