Aspire 5551 will not boot bios just black screen. HELP

austinnbuttonn
austinnbuttonn Member Posts: 3 New User
On occasion it will boot and works perfectly when it does, but otherwise it's a real pain. sometimes it will turn on straight away and others I'll turn it on and off 300 times and give up. I have tried the ssd in other pcs and it works perfectly, along with the RAM. someone help me! I need this for school!

In detail, when you press the power button, you can hear the fan spinning up and the disk drive turning on but no backlight on screen,no hard drive or wifi light, and laptop is non responsive. I have left it this way for long periods before with no avail, I come back to a blank-screened, hot, useless piece of plastic and metal. I've had this problem for about six months and get lucky sometimes when it does turn on and run to power to keep it on and charged, and I've finally cracked it and had enough.

MY2011 Acer Aspire 5551G, AMD Phenom II N930 quad core processor, ATI Radeon HD5000 graphics, 240GB SSD, 8GB RAM, running Windows 8 Pro 64bit.

Answers

• rymate1234
    rymate1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dd you ever sort this problem out? I'm having the exact same issue on my acer aspire too Smiley Sad
  • austinnbuttonn
    austinnbuttonn Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yeah I dropped it off to the place where I bought it (out of warranty) and they said that the integrated graphics unit is faulty and the whole motherboard would need to be replaced. They said it would cost a lot, however I easily found one on the internet for $100 so I'm just waiting for it to be posted and I'll see what happens.
  • JonnyCross
    JonnyCross Member Posts: 1 New User

The main reason probably is because the keyboard has been lifted up.

Underneath the keyboard are two little prongs that press up against the back of the keyboard to complete the chain. If the chain is not complete the laptop automatically assumes the keyboard has been removed and will not power up the motherboard to stop any further damage, but you will still get the blue power light on.

Just make sure your keyboard is fully embedded into the laptop and clipped in correctly.

This discussion has been closed.