AO725 AHCI driver

wylee79
wylee79 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have an Ao725-0825 Netbook, I have upgraded to a Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD, and imaged it with the original install that came with the netbook (Win7 home).

I have enabled AHCI in the registry and the BIOS. However, windows is still using the AMD SATA driver, where can I find the AHCI ACER driver for my netbook?

I am frequently having to run chkdsk due to booting and getting nothing but a cursor. 

Thanks. 

Answers

• wylee79

For anyone else who has this issue...

To enable AHCI after windows has been installed on an Aspire One, enable AHCI in the BIOS, update the registry value (you can google how), then go into device manager, open IDE/ATA ATAPI Controllers, go into the AMD controller properties, go to the drivers property, click update driver, browse for a driver, choose pick from a list, then choose 'Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA controller'. Reboot when asked, reboot again when prompted. Don't forget to enable trim as well. This worked for me. 

It would still be great if ACER would step up and publish an AHCI for this hardware.

• wylee79

I started getting Blue screens with that driver. So I have moved onto updating the AMD chipset drivers from amd.com this gave me a new version of the AMD SATA driver. Since updating to this driver, my boot with only a cursor may have been resolved and no more blue screens. However... I still want an AHCI driver ACER. 

This discussion has been closed.