How do I perform a power reset on my notebook?
If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset. This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly. If your product has a battery pinhole reset button, you can press it and hold it for 4 seconds to power reset your system. If your product does not have a reset pinhole, use the instructions below to power reset your system.
To perform a power reset:
- Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
- Turn the notebook over to remove the battery. Slide the lock tab to the unlock position first then slide and hold the release tab. While holding the release tab remove the battery.
- Turn the notebook back over and open it.
- Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
- Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.
- Slide the lock tab back into the lock position.
- Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
- Turn on your notebook.
If you are still experiencing a problem, please contact Acer support for further assistance.