How can I configure my system to always use discrete graphics for an application?
AMD switchable graphics allows your computer to automatically switch between the integrated and discrete graphics adapter to balance power and perfermance. Your system will use the integrated graphics for low power operations, and will automatically switch to the discrete graphics adapter when more power is needed. You can adjust these settings in the AMD Radeon application using the instructions below.
- Right-click on your Windows Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Select Preferences.
- Choose Radeon Additional Settings.
- Select Switchable Graphics Application Settings from the Power section in the left column.
- Click Add Application and navigate to the application you want to add. Click the application name, then choose Open to add it to the list.
- Adjust your graphic settings for your applications using the options below:
High performance: This setting will set the application to always use the discrete graphics adapter for best performance.
Power saving: This setting will always use the integrated graphics adapter to maximize battery life.
Based on power source: This setting will automatically switch between discrete and integrated adapters as needed.