Can I install an additional hard drive or SSD drive in my Acer VX5-591G laptop?
Acer offers a hard drive mounting kit that is designed to secure a 2.5" Drive (HDD or SSD) within the additional Hard Drive bay of Aspire VX5-591G laptops. This kit allows for installation of a 2.5" drive that is 7 or 9.5 millimeters thick. Please contact our Customer Service for additional support to inquire about ordering a hard drive kit for your product.
Note: Acer recommends use of an anti-static wrist strap when adding hardware to your system.
Instructions for installing a drive in your system.
- Remove the AC adapter and make sure your system is completely powered off.
- Place the laptop on the surface face-up and open the lid. Push the hinge cap firmly outwards to release it from the upper case.
- Close the lid and lift the hinge cap up to remove it.
- Turn the system over and remove the fourteen screws from the lower case.
- Detach the top side corner latches of the lower case.
- Continue detaching the top center latches of the lower case.
- Detach the left and right side latches of the lower case.
- Slide to release the lower case and then remove it from the system.
- Use four screws secure the drive you are installing to the hard drive bracket as shown in the image below.
- Connect the SATA cable from the hard drive installation kit to the drive you are installing.
- Connect the hard drive mounting bracket to the mainboard using four screws.
- Connect the SATA cable to the mainboard as shown in the image below.
- Reinstall the lower case and hinge cap to complete the installation.
Note: The system will not function on battery until the lower case is fully reinstalled and screwed into place.