How do I setup my Acer ProDock wireless?
Before you setup your ProDock wireless, it is recommended that you install the latest ProDock wireless application. Use the instructions below to uninstall the ProDock wireless software and download and install the latest version. Once you have the latest drivers installed, use the instructions at the end of this article to connect your ProDock wireless.
Uninstall ProDock wireless driver and software:
- Click the Start menu and select Settings..
- Click Apps & features.
- Type "wireless" in the search box, then uninstall the WirelessDock and Acer ProDock Wireless Manager applications.
Download and install new ProDock wireless driver and software:
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select Application and click the Download link for the Prodock wireless utility.
- Select Driver and click the Download link for the Wireless LAN Driver (QCA).
- Locate the files you downloaded, and run the Setup.exe and Acer_ProDock_Setup.exe files.
Connecting your ProDock wireless:
- Plug in your ProDock wireless and press the Power button. Your ProDock wireless will power on and the light will blink amber.
- Connect the devices that you want to use to an appropriate port of the Dock (such as a projector, a speaker, or a USB storage device).
- Place your laptop in front of the ProDock wireless, then open the Acer ProDock Wireless Manager application on your computer.
- Click the Connect button to connect to the Dock. The LED on the front panel will shine a steady blue when the connection has been established.