How do I perform the initial setup on my Acer Chromebook?
Setting up your Chromebook for the first time is easy and only takes a few minutes. To set up your Chromebook for the first time, follow the steps below.
Note: You will need a connection to the internet and a Google account to setup your Chromebook for the first time.
1) Turn on the Chromebook by pressing the Power button. A Welcome screen will appear when the Chromebook first boots up.
2) Click on the Language button.
3) Use the Language drop-down list to choose your default language setting. If there is more than one way to type in your language, you may be prompted to select a keyboard input method as well.
4) Use the Keyboard drop-down list to choose your default keyboard setting, then click on the OK button.
5) You will return to the Welcome screen. Click on the Let’s go button.
6) Select a network from the Connect to network list to connect to the Internet. If network access is protected, you will need an access password to connect to it. Then click in the Next button.
7) Once connected to a network, accept the Terms of Service by clicking on the Accept and continue button. Your Chromebook will then download any available system updates, so you automatically get the latest Chrome OS features.
8) To sign in to your Google Account, first enter your username in the sign-in box that appears and click on the Next button.
If you do not already have a google account, you have some options. Click on More options to:
- Select Create a Google Account to set up a new account.
- Select Browse as Guest if you do not want to create a Google Account.
9) Then enter your password in the corresponding sign-in box that appears and click on the Next button.
10) You are now signed in.
Note: The account you sign in with during the initial setup will be set as the owner. This is the only account that will be able to change certain Chrome settings.