Can I install an additional hard drive or SSD drive in my Aspire E5-575G or E5-576G laptop?
Acer offers a hard drive mounting bracket that is designed to secure a 2.5" Drive (HDD or SSD) within the additional Hard Drive bay of Aspire E5-575G and E5-576G laptops. This bracket supports a 2.5" drive that is 7 or 9.5 millimeters thick. You can order the mounting kit at http://store.acer.com. Use the instructions below for installing a drive in your system.
- Remove the hard drive access panel on the bottom of the computer to access the drive bay.
- Use the four included screws to attach the hard drive mounting brackets to the 2.5" hard drive or SSD you are installing. Make sure the clear Mylar is covering the bottom of the drive and the longer tabs on the mounting bracket are on the back of the drive.
- Insert the hard drive with attached mounting bracket into the empty hard drive bay and lay the drive flat. You may need to hold the drive at an angle to insert it into the HDD slot.
- Make sure the drive is laying flat in the drive bay and slide the drive into the HDD SATA connector as shown in the image below. Make sure the drive fits snugly in the connector.
- Replace the hard drive access panel and reinstall the three screws that hold it in place.