Why does my computer not recognize Thunderbolt 3 devices? Some Acer systems may not always recognize devices connected via the Thunderbolt 3 port. Acer has released a firmware update that will improve Thunderbolt 3 performance. Use the following steps to update the Thunderbolt 3 firmware to the latest version:
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select BIOS/Firmware Select the latest Firmware.
- Click the Download link for the file you want to download.
- Unzip the file.
- Right click the file names Setup.bat and choose Run as administrator.
Models benefiting from Thunderbolt 3 FW update.