How can I reinstall Chrome OS?
There are a few different methods to reload Chrome OS. Below are examples and reasons for using each method:
Reset your Chromebook with Powerwash
- Powerwashing can solve most issues.
- Powerwashing does not require a USB flash drive or file download.
- Use a Powerwash if there is a bug with your user profile or owner permissions.
Wipe device data
- Similar to a Powerwash
- Use this option for devices that are enrolled on a work or school network.
Restore your Chromebook with a USB flash drive or SD card recovery media
- Reload with a USB flash drive if other recovery options have failed.
- Restore with a flash drive if you get the message "Chrome OS is missing or damaged."
- Use this option if the currently installed OS is corrupt or has a bug (ex. it has difficulty updating).