Why is my wireless signal strength low after changing power settings?
Wireless signal strength may decrease when Windows Power Options are set to High Performance. Acer has published an update to correct this issue.
- Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
- Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
- Select the Patch tab.
- Click the Download link for the file you want to download.
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files. Double-click the folder that has the same name as the downloaded file.
- Next, double-click the Windows folder.
- Double-click the AHCI_Control_ALU executable file, the installation is automatic.
Starting March 1, 2015, impacted models will start receiving Acer Live Update alerts. We recommend installing the alert labeled "Update the Windows Power Plan settings to improve wireless performance".