How do I reinstall my operating system from Recovery CDs or DVDs?
When Windows cannot be installed from Acer Recovery Management, use the Recovery CDs or DVDs to re-install all original software:
- Make a backup of personal data, as the recovery process will erase all your files, such as email and photos.
- Power off your computer. In case the system is not equipped with a built-in optical drive, connect an external USB optical drive before powering on the system.
- Power on your computer. When the first logo screen shows, press repeatedly the F12 key to enter the Boot menu. On some systems, you may need to enable the boot menu before you can access it.
- Use the arrow keys to select your optical drive.
- Insert the disc labelled System CD in the optical drive and press ENTER. The system will load from the Acer Recovery Media.
- After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system
Use the following steps to purchase recovery media.
- Visit the Acer Store at https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery.
- Enter your serial number or SNID, then click Submit
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make your purchase.