Acer wants to ensure that your repair is processed in a timeley manner and your product is returned to you in good working order. Having your product repaired by Acer is as easy as 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Review your product and customer information
Review your return shipping address, telephone number, and your serial number in the confirmation email you received when you set your product up for service. If you see any discrepancies or if you do not see the confirmation email in any of your folders including the spam folder, we suggest contacting our technical support team.
Step 2: Prepare your product for packaging
- Remove passwords and backup data
We recommend that all passwords be removed and all data transferred from the hard disk drive to other media. If the passwords are not removed from your system, they must be provided to prevent repair delays.
- Do not include accessories
Do not include any accessories unless instructed to do so by Technical Support. We will not be responsible for any accessories (CDs, manuals, monitor bases, AC Adapters, power cords, etc.) not returned from the repair center.
- Remove accessories and third party add-ons
We recommend that all 3rd Party add-on devices (SIM cards, Video Cards, RAM, etc.) are removed prior to sending your product in for service.
Step 3: Package your product to ship
- Ship your product in a cardboard box
Ship the product in packaging that provides the product with a degree of protection equivalent to that of the original packaging. If you would like to keep your original packaging, do not use it to return the system for repair.
- Use bubble wrap
We recommend using 3 to 5 inches of bubble wrap to protect your product. Do not use Envelopes, Styrofoam popcorn or peanuts, or Carrier Mail Packs to ship your product in for service.
- Use packing tape
We recommend using 3 inch wide plastic packing tape or 3 inch wide reinforced water-activated paper tape to seal the box.
- Properly label your product
Place your name, phone number, Case ID, and Serial Number in the upper left corner of the Package. Remove or cover all old labels if you are reusing packaging.
- Only ship one product per box
Do not ship multiple products in the same box.
Step 4: Ship your product
- Get a tracking number
Use a Trackable Carrier Only (Fedex, UPS, Purolator, etc.) We highly discourage the use of the postal service.
- Keep your proof of shipment
Keep a copy of your Airbill/Waybill; it is your only proof of shipment.
- Insure your package
We recommend that you insure your package; any damage incurred in shipping will not be covered under the Standard Manufacturers Warranty. If your product is damaged in shipping, you will need to contact your carrier to file a claim.
- Verify ship to information
Ship your product to the Acer service center listed in the confirmation email you received when the repair was created. If more than one address is displayed you may choose the one most convenient for you.
- Product drop-offs
Acer accepts dropoffs from customers who are able to physically take the product to the repair center. If you plan to drop off your product at the Acer Repair Depot, please note the product does not need to be packaged as if it were to be shipped into the Depot. Drop offs are accepted Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 4:00pm local time.
Step 5: Review the following terms and conditions
- I understand that my product must be properly packed to prevent unnecessary damage, otherwise, I will be responsible for all repair cost resulting from not following the above packing instructions.
- I understand that the data on my hard disk drive must be saved if possible because it may be necessary to replace or erase the hard disk drive and reload the original factory software at the depot.
- I authorize the Repair Center to remove all passwords, erase my hard disk drive and reload all the original factory software, if the repair depot deems this necessary to restore the computer to its original working condition.
- Once received, your product will be inspected for damage. In the event your product appears to have damage that is not covered by warranty, you will be contacted by our service facility requesting a method of payment be provided. If this is not provided, your system will be returned unrepaired and you will not be eligible for service of the item until payment is received.
- Acer is not responsible for loss of data or reinstallation of customer installed software due to hard disk drive replacement or reloading the original factory software.
- If the hard disk drive is diagnosed to have a failure, we will install a replacement hard disk drive. If the original factory software is nonfunctional (corrupt), we will erase the hard disk drive and reinstall the original factory software (operating system and utilities only). ALL DATA WILL BE NON RECOVERABLE!