Can I disable the touchscreen on my notebook?
There is not a setting to disable the touch-functionality on Acer notebooks with a touchscreen. The driver that controls the touchscreen can be disabled through the device manager. Acer does not recommend that you disable your touchscreen driver.
Use the following steps to disable your touch screen driver:
- Press the Windows () key + C, or swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open your Charms.
- Tap or click Search, then type Device Manager.
- From search results, tap or click Device Manager.
- Tap or click the arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
- From the list, look for the driver HID-compliant touchscreen. If you do not see this driver and they are listed as "USB Input Device", try disabling and re-enabling one at a time until the touch screen stops responding.
- Right-click the driver, then select Disable.
- Click Yes. If prompted, restart the computer.
After the computer restarts the touch-functionality should be disabled. To get your touch-functionality back, re-enable the drive you disabled and restart the computer if necessary.