How do I format a drive in disk management?
Use the following steps to format a drive:
- Type Control Panel in the search box.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Click Computer Management.
- Click Disk Management.
- Right click on the drive or partition to format and click on Format.
- Select the file system and set the cluster size.
- Click OK to format the drive.
Note: Formatting a drive erases all data on the drive. Backup any important information before attempting to format a drive.