How do I hook my Chromebook up to a printer?
Chromebooks do not support printing from local printers via USB port. To print from your Chromebooks, you need to connect to the Google Cloud Print service and share a printer:
- Download and install Google Chrome to the computer where the printer is connected.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and sign in using the Google account information used to sign in to the Chromebook.
- Click the menu button on the browser toolbar in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and, under Google Cloud Print, click Manage.
- Click Add printers to search for and find accessible printers over the network.
- Select the printer(s) you wish to add. Note: There is also an option to automatically add new printers if a new one is connected in the future.
- Select the printer(s) that need to be added, then click Add printer(s).
- A confirmation screen will load showing the printer is ready to go.
- To see a list of printers that have been added click on Manage your printers.
- Click print on the Chromebook, then click on the Change button next to where it says destination to select your printer.
- Under Google Cloud Print click on the printer to print to.