The following instructions should be used if you are shipping your Acer eScooter to a service center, and you are located in the Pan American (PanAm) region. It is important to properly pack your eScooter if you need to ship it for repair. The instructions below will help ensure that your scooter is not damaged, and no hardware is lost or misplaced.
We recommend you contact Acer support in your region prior to shipping your eScooter in for service or repair. This will allow our service team to create a service request for your product and provide information about packaging materials and a shipping label, if applicable.
Note: You can package your Scooter in the original box it came in, however, there is a chance you may not receive the original packaging back since it could be damaged during shipping.
- Remove the 4 set screws from handlebar using a 3mm hex wrench, and placing the screws in a zip lock bag.
- Tie the handlebar to the upright bar using the supplied 8” tie wrap.
- Place one piece of 12” x 48” bubble wrap in bottom of box.
- Release the upright bar to fold scooter.
- Wrap the handlebar assembly with one piece of 12” x 24” bubble wrap.
- Place scooter in the box and apply two rows of 12” x 24” bubble wrap between the tire and box wall. Make sure to apply to the front and back tires.
- Place the zip lock bag with screws in the box.
- Close the top of box and seal using the supplied tape strips, qty 8.
- Place the shipping barcode label over existing label on box.
- Take the packed eScooter to your local FedEx station for shipping.