Applicable models: A315-24P, A315-24PT and EX215-23
Installing a BIOS update can improve CPU performance on some Acer notebooks. If you have one of the applicable models, we recommended you update your BIOS to version 1.09 or newer to allow for better performance when you are on battery power. Use the instructions below to download and install the latest BIOS for your model.
- Visit the Acer Support site and enter your serial number, SNID or model number.
- Select BIOS/Firmware to see a list of BIOS downloads.
- Click on the Download link to the right of the latest BIOS.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract all to unzip the file.
- Make sure your AC adapter is connected, then double click on the BIOS .exe file that was unzipped to install the file.