Some Chromebook users may experience an issue where the keyboard stops working after switching from tablet mode to normal clamshell mode. This behavior is resolved in ChromeOS version 1.17. You can use the instructions below to resolve this issue.
- Chromebook C736
- Chromebook C736T
- Chromebook R756T
- Chromebook R856T
Step 1: Hardware reset your Chromebook
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold the Refresh key and tap the Power key to turn on the Chromebook.
- Release the Refresh key once the Chromebook has started.
Note: You can reset your Chromebook hardware in tablet mode by pressing and holding the Power and Volume up buttons for 10 seconds, then release them.
Step 2: Update your Chrome operating system
- Power on your Chromebook and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Time in the system tray in the bottom right corner.
- Click on Settings⚙.
- Click on the ☰ Menu on the top left.
- Scroll down and select About ChromeOS.
- Select Check for updates to search for updates.