How can I get the Thunderbolt 4 port of my computer working again after a clean installation of Windows 10?
If the Thunderbolt 4 port of your computer is not working anymore after you have performed a clean installation of Windows 10, you need to install the Thunderbolt driver again.
Note: If you performed a clean installation of Windows 11, you do not have to install the Thunderbolt driver again as the driver is included in the Windows installation package.
How to install the Thunderbolt 4 driver
- Go to www.acer.com.
- In the top menu, click on Support.
- In the Search field, enter your device's product name, serial number, SNID or part number. For example: EX214-53.
- Then click on the found model name.
- In Operating System, choose Windows 10 64-bit and find Thunderbolt Driver.
- Click on Download.
- Find the downloaded driver file and unzip it to a temporary folder.
- Open the folder, find Setup_Driver.cmd, click on it twice and choose Run as administrator.
- Follow further onscreen instructions.
- After the driver is installed, restart your computer.